Allergy Immunotherapy Treatment
Kadivar Family Medicine is now offering Allergy Immunotherapy via Pinnacle Allergy!
The Pinnacle Allergy company uses scratch testing! This is the gold standard for allergy screening, and allows for the isolation of precisely which allergens are troubling you! Once we know what is causing your problems, we provide immunotherapy solutions to vastly improve your quality of life!
The scratch test checks for allergic reactions to 43 environmental and 23 food allergens that can be found in your state --these can range from trees and grasses to molds and cat dander, as well as certain foods. Immunotherapy has been practiced, tested, and improved upon for over 100 years!
Immunotherapy is different from medications because it actually changes how allergens affect the body, thereby providing a long term cure for allergies.
What are Allergies?
Allergies are diseases of the immune system that cause an overreaction to substances called allergens.
Advantages of Allergen Specific Immunotherapy
- Reduces Symptoms
- Induces immunologic tolerance
- Reduces use of symptomatic medication
- Persistent effect after end of treatment
- Prevents development of asthma
- Prevents onset of new allergies
- Only long term cure for allergies
What is a Skin Scratch Test?
A scratch test is a method for medical diagnosis of allergies that attempt to provide a small, controlled, allergic response. It is a painless way of determining which allergens are causing the problem to the patient.
- 55 % of the United States population test positive for one or more allergens!
- 1 in 3 people suffers from chronic allergy like symptoms including a runny nose, congestion, and cough!
- Over 50 million people in the United States suffer from allergies!
- Allergies are the 5th leading cause of chronic disease in the United States among all ages!
- In a recent Study over 50% of the homes in the United States had at least 6 detectable allergens!
- Sinusitis accounts for 20% of all physician visits to allergy specialists
- Acute urticaria (hives) affects 10 to 20% of the population and half of those affected experienced symptoms for over 6 months
Should I be tested?
Many people with untreated allergy symptoms aren't aware of how much better they can feel once their symptoms are properly diagnosed and managed. If you are troubled by any of these nagging symptoms, CONTACT US and see if a Skin Scratch test is right for you:
- Itchy Eyes, Nose or Throat
- Nasal Congestion or Runny Nose
- Watery Eyes
- Hives, itchiness or other skin condition
- Abdominal pain or diarrhea after eating certain foods
Who Should Consider Allergen Specific Immunotherapy?
Patients should consider allergen specific immunotherapy if complete avoidance of trigger allergen is impossible or if they:
- Have moderate to severe allergies
- Have frequent respiratory tract infections
- Do not respond or tolerate allergy medications
- Prefer to avoid a lifetime of allergy medication use
- Are willing to commit to a regularly scheduled treatment plan
- Have chronic sinusitis or asthma due to allergies.
Did You Know?
Skin testing combined with a physical examination and medical history of your symptoms is the most reliable, cost effective and rapid approach to determining what you are or are not allergic to!
Get Tested | Get Treated | Feel Better
Schedule Your Appointment at Kadivar Family Medicine Today!